Monday, March 19, 2007

track 3) BOUNCING OFF CLOUDS

Bouncing off of clouds/ We were/ Is there a lone lost-and-found/ Make it easy/ Make this easy/ It’s not as heavy as it seems/ Wrapped in metal/ Wrapped in ivy/ Painted in mint ice cream/ We could bouncing off the top of this cloud/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Bouncing off the top of this cloud/ Failure to respond worked/ I talked but did you listen/ Bouncing off the top of this cloud/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Ooh but would you say has it come to this/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Bouncing off the top of this cloud/ Well you can stare all day at the sky/ But that won’t bring him back/ That won’t bring him back/ You say you’re waiting on fate/ But I think fate is not/ I think we decide/ Where we take our lives/ Make it easy/ Easy/ Easy/ We could make this easy/ Easy love/ Easy/ We could make this easy/ Make this easy/ It’s not as heavy as it seems/ Make this easy/ Make this easy/ It’s not as heavy as it seems/ Wrapped in metal/ Wrapped in ivy/ Big umbrellas smiling/ We could bouncing off the top of this cloud/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Ooh but would you say has it come to this/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Bouncing off the top of this cloud/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Ooh but would you say has it come to this/ (I’ve put on my silver)/ Bouncing off of clouds/ We were•

19 comments:

elisantics said...

This one is already my favourite. I could jump on the trampoline to it!

Jerry said...

I hear "I think fate is not waiting on us". Did you hear "We decide where we take our lives" on your own, or did someone else susggest those might be the lyrics?

turbulent indigo said...

At bridge I think she says:



You say you're waiting on fate.

But i think fate is not.

I think we decide .

Where we take our lives.

Jerry said...

Thanks for hearing the "I think fate is not" part, indigo, but I don't hear "we decide where we take our lives" at all. Hereinmyhead.com has those same lyrics too, though. They seemed to ignore my input. It just seems too literal for a Tori lyric. I guess we'll find out.

Tori 'This & Thats' said...

Hi, you guys are right. With a closer listen on 'vocal boost' it could be 'i think fate is not'.

will change now.

tm4 said...

I hear:

You say you’re waiting on fate/ But I think fate is not/ weighting your lives/

-t

ScottMDPhD said...

I'm fairly certain it's "LOVE" lost and found, not lone. i can hear the v sound at the end, and it makes more sense.

Also in second verse I hear:
Failure to respond but
I talk but did you listen?

LittlEArtisT said...

´Well you can stare all day at the sky, But that won't bring her back, that won't bring her back, You say youu're waiting on fate, But I think fate is not, I think fate is not waiting on lives´

AzSwirlGirl said...

with regards to "Lone" I hear "Love", there is a V there and with Failure to respond but
I "talked" but did you listen...I hear "Could"- I could but did you listen?...remember Clyde is the emotional creature......

Seanpaul White said...

Oh My this song is Pure Bliss

Tori is Sonicly Blowing my mind once again

And she's not making this easy Make it easy.

I need to stop listening

Its such Wonderful bliss xxx

Tori 'This & Thats' said...

Sorry, y'all...but I'm sticking to my guns with this one. The only things questionable for me are the 2 red words: it could be 'long', but I still hear 'lone'...and 'talked' is what makes the most sense too; remember, Tori has a very particular way that she drags out words & syllables. Sorry tm4, it definitely IS NOT 'weighting your lives'...and littleartist, it most definitely IS NOT 'her back.' It's 'him,' but 'waiting on lives' MIGHT be right. Once again, she drags certain things out, so we'll only know for sure once we have the lyrics from the album. God, how cruel would she be to not publish them this time around?! LOL!

TinnyLinda said...

I definitely hear:
You say you're waiting on fate
But I think fate is not
I think fate is not waiting on us.

edvard_munch said...

just a guess, but i think she's singing "wrapped in NAVY"...

"we could maybe turn this white light into navy..."

the whole idea of the suburbs/American society and their covering up of the harsh reality.

CalumMac said...

I was just listening to this song (incessently as I'm sure we all have lol) and I think the line "Ooh, but..." should be "Ooh, but could you say IT HASN'T COME TO THIS?" I can definitely hear "it" after "say."

Joanna said...

We finally have it!

Is there a love lost and found?
I'll put on my silver.
Failure to respond but I did but did you listen?
About what you said, has it come to this?
But I think fate is now waiting on us.
Blue umbrellas now smiling.

Shanible said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanible said...

I hear "I think fate is not wasting our lives".

Joanna said...

The lines I provided are taken from the actual linernotes, so I guess they should be correct but sometimes it is not so, even with ADP. For example, there is a mistake in the first line of 'Smokey Joe'. I clearly hear something else than what is put in the lyrics in the CD cover :o)

flowers_on_fire said...

Is there a LOVE lost and found. :)