Monday, March 19, 2007

track 16) ROOSTERSPUR BRIDGE

Somewhere down past Roosterspur Bridge/ Perhaps just a trick of the light/ I thought I heard the sweetest guitar/ Was it a rock-and-roll Jesus/ Sometimes I think/ I think I understand the fear in the boy/ The fire in the man/ Sometimes I watch the wonder in your eyes/ That and you leaving/ I have memorized/ That and you leaving/ I have memorized/ Drove all night/ Through sliding rock falls/ Thinking I'd find/ Something that we lost/ Can’t remember when you stopped laughing/ Or when I stopped wanting to live/ Sometimes I think/ I think I understand the fear in the boy/ The fire in the man/ Sometimes I watch the wonder in your eyes/ That and you leaving/ I have memorized/ Do you even see me now/ Do you think of us still/ Do I always rip things up/ Before our day's deliverance/ On Roosterspur Bridge/ Sometimes I think/ I think I understand the fear in the boy/ The fire in the man/ Sometimes I watch the wonder in your eyes/ That and you leaving/ I have memorized/ That and you leaving/ That and you leaving/ I have memorized•

2 comments:

elisantics said...

"that you are leaving"?
Thom? Is that you?

Unknown said...

"or when i stopped wanting to win"